View Adoption Profiles of Families Looking to Adopt
Kathleen and Adrian
Kathleen and Adrianview adoption profile
JJ & Kate
JJ & Kateview adoption profile
Erin and Etan
Erin and Etanview adoption profile
Deirdre and Tammie
Deirdre and Tammieview adoption profile
Pregnant? You Have Options.
Thinking About Adopting a Child?
- Pregnant women/ expectant parents are empowered through the process. This means we provide information on all available options and support without pressure.
- Open adoption provides the opportunity for there to be an ongoing direct relationship between the adopted child and the birth family, according to the comfort level of all involved.
- We value diversity and do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, marital status, age, religion, physical disability, income, sexual orientation, or gender identity/ expression.
- FIA provides post-adopt support and education for all members of the family of adoption: birth mothers and birth fathers, adoptive families, and adoptees.
Adoption Services and Information
This website contains relevant information to your specific needs regarding adoption. Please navigate through the topics below to go to a page that best suits your needs:
- I am pregnant and considering adoption for my unborn child
- We are an expectant couple considering adoption for our unborn child
- I am a parent thinking about placing my already-born child for adoption
- I am looking to become an adoptive parent and building my family through adoption
- I am a professional working with someone interested in adoption
- I am looking for information related to post-adoption issues
- I just want to research the contents of your website
- Habla Español? Oprima aqui para mas informaciones sobre la adopción
Adoption is not giving up on a child.
It's a selfless act of love for the child.One of the questions that we often hear from women facing an unplanned pregnancy is "how do I give my baby up for adoption?" When an expectant mother is considering adoption for her baby, it is much more than just how to "give baby up for adoption". It means making an adoption plan for her child, and it means a lot of courage and incredible sacrifice on her part. By reading and selecting approved adoptive family profiles, expectant parents are able to review potential adoptive parents who are ready, willing and able to adopt a child. By selecting a family, the pregnant woman/couple is in control of who will adopt the baby. She is not "giving up her baby", she is choosing a life she dreams for her baby.
Adoption is about finding forever families for children!
Our friends in adoption
Latest FIA News
LGBTQ & Adoption: "Every Child Deserves a Family" — New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand has introduced federal legislation that would ensure that LGBTQ individuals and couples have the same adoption rights as heterosexual individuals and couples do. In the news, two Friends in Adoption (FIA) families were recently featured in stories related to this proposed law.Read More
Our next Get Acquainted Workshop (GAW) is on June 19th 2015! Hear adoptive parents tell their experiences, have Q&A's with birth moms, meet FIA staff. Friends in Adoption (FIA) will be in Saratoga Springs for the next Get Acquainted Workshop. Register Now and join us to learn about adoption!Read More
PACA: The Role of the Post Adoption Contact Agreement in Open Adoptions. (PDF file for download)Read More
Saturday, May 9th, is Birth Mother’s Day. This special holiday honors women who have placed children for adoption to be raised by adoptive parents. We wish to celebrate all birth moms, as well as remember those who may feel forgotten or to help first mothers cope with feelings of loss. We celebrate birth parents who have chosen to have closed adoptions, as well as the many birth parents who are in healthy open adoptions and who are able to see their child in the context of the larger, forever adoptive family setting through post-adoptive contact.Read More
I'm pregnant. I need help.
If you are pregnant and considering adoption as one of your options, FRIENDS IN ADOPTION can help you learn about adoption if that feels right for you and your child.
I Need Adoption Info.
FRIENDS IN ADOPTION has been working in the field of adoption for more than 30 years and has resources to help you with your adoption journey.
If you're pregnant or parenting and considering adoption for your child, FRIENDS IN ADOPTION can help you with an adoption plan that is right for you and your child.
contact us 24/7
The staff at FIA cares. You can reach us as a resource and we are here to listen and provide information. Call 1-800-982-3678.