View Adoption Profiles of Families Looking to Adopt:
Watch Inspiring Adoption Videos:
Latest FIA News & Events:
FIA'S 35TH ANNUAL PICNIC — A JOYFUL DAY OF CELEBRATION We now have 3 generations of FIA families in attendance at the picnic. Children that were placed through FIA bring their partners and children along with their birth and adoptive families; young adults placed attend on their own just to stay connected; reunions happen at the picnic- truly a day … Read... Read More
Friends in Adoption (FIA) will be in Saratoga Springs, NY for the next Get Acquainted Workshop beginning on Wednesday evening, September 13th and continuing Thursday 9am-5pm, September 14th, 2017 at The Inn at Saratoga 231 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY. Register now and join us to learn about adoption!… Read More
The Fall/2016 edition of Connections, Friends in Adoption's newsletter, is now available for download. Enjoy learning about baby Eli's adoption story, Dawn's Desk, A story by birth mother Katy, and many wonderful photos and letters from FIA families. Spreading the joy of the gift of adoption!… Read More
Adoption Services and Information:
This website contains relevant information to your specific needs regarding adoption.
Please navigate through the topics below to go to a page that best suits your needs:
- I am pregnant and considering adoption for my unborn child
- We are an expectant couple considering adoption for our unborn child
- I am a parent thinking about placing my already-born child for adoption
- I am looking to become an adoptive parent and building my family through adoption
- I am a professional working with someone interested in adoption
- I am looking for information related to post-adoption issues
- I just want to research the contents of your website
- Habla Español? Oprima aqui para mas informaciones sobre la adopción
Contact FIA 24/7
1-800-98-ADOPT - The staff at Friends in Adoption (FIA) cares. You can reach us as a resource and we are here to listen and provide information. Call 1-800-982-3678 or e-mail us.
If you are pregnant and considering adoption as one of your options, Friends in Adoption can help you learn about adoption if that feels right for you and your child.
Adoption does not end with the birth and placement of an infant or child. It is a lifelong process based on trust, honesty and mutual responsibility — placing the needs of each child as central. FIA's Compassionate Care Center provides ongoing post-adoption support for birth and adoptive families.
All Children - All Families
Friends in Adoption is a recognized Leader in supporting and serving LGBT Families. Presented by HRC's All Children - All Families.