An unplanned or unexpected pregnancy can be daunting. What are your options, as a pregnant individual in Vermont? Who can you talk to that knows what you’re going through? Friends in Adoption can help. We’re based in Castleton, Vermont, with extensive experience working in the area. We’re here to support you on this journey, even if you don’t end up choosing adoption.
Working with a local, Vermont-based adoption agency means getting the adoption services and pregnancy support you need.
The Adoption Agency Difference
Working with a fully inclusive, licensed adoption agency can have many benefits for pregnant individuals and their partners. Here at Friends in Adoption, we have a wide range of potential adoptive families from all over the country. If you want your baby to grow up in Vermont or across the country, we have families for you.
By working with a local agency like Friends in Adoption, you know we understand the circumstances and can support you directly/quickly in person. We also know the adoption-friendly hospitals in the area, excellent doctors, and more. Friends in Adoption want to be your partner on this journey, here for you to lean on us as much as you need.
Pregnancy Support, 24/7
Friends in Adoption offers pregnancy support to birth parents 24/7. You can call, email, or even text at any time. Are you feeling stressed about a doctor’s visit? Not sure what to say to the family? Just need someone to listen? That’s what we’re here for.
Our experienced, compassionate staff is 100% judgment-free. We are simply here to support you and listen. In our nearly 40 years of experience, Friends in Adoption has helped many pregnant individuals- even after the adoption takes place. We know that adoption is a life-long process based on trust and honesty. That’s why we are here 24/7, whenever you or your partner needs support.
Services for Pregnant Individuals in Vermont
Our Castleton, VT location is proud to offer a range of adoption services and support for pregnant individuals. Below are just a few of the services we can offer to pregnant individuals looking for support in Vermont.
- Counseling & Support Services: FIA offers counseling services for you and your partner, helping you through the emotionally difficult process of adoption. Your 100% judgment-free, experienced support team will be available whenever you need it. This lasts long after the adoption. Counseling is available for the rest of your life, along with other post-adoption resources. We also have support groups, both in-person and on social media, with other birth parents. We can even connect you directly to someone who has experienced this journey before.
- Finding Adoption-Friendly Hospitals: Giving birth can be stressful enough! We’ll help you find an adoption-friendly hospital in Vermont. Having a hospital that is experienced in adoption cases and a judgment-free team is vital to making the process as easy as possible. Whenever you go into labor, your Castleton team can come to support you in the hospital, contact the adoptive parents, and more.
- Legal Services for Pregnant Women: Adoption is a complex legal process for both adoptive and birth parents. Friends in Adoption works with an experienced adoption attorney. They are a member of the Academy of Adoption & Assisted Reproduction Attorneys (AAAA), working to guide, advocate, and protect pregnant individuals. With our experience, we can navigate nearly any pregnancy circumstance. Together, we can help you work through the termination of parental rights, birth father consent, and more.
- Financial Support for Medical/Hospital Costs: We know adoption is a stressful enough process. Working with Friends in Adoption means you don’t have to worry about medical costs or hospital stays. All our services for pregnant individuals in Vermont are free and confidential. FIA can help set up health insurance, cover medical expenses, and more.
- Access to Potential Family Database: Whether you want your child to grow up in Vermont or somewhere else in the United States, we can provide matches for you. FIA has many loving, pre-screened adoptive families all over the country. With our extensive database, you can focus on finding the perfect match for what you want for your child. Our adoption team will help you sort through the best options for you, contact the families, and even arrange meetings if you are interested in meeting the family.
Stories of Success
Still not sure if you want to speak with a Vermont adoption agency? Check out some of these testimonials and quotes from birth parents that we’ve worked with in the past.
A birth mother stated this about her experience with Friends in Adoption: “Both the birth father and I felt that this was the best option for us — but please know that we were fully allowed to create our birth plan”.
You’ll receive the support you need, no judgment, with the control you want.
Vermont Adoption Support
Friends in Adoption is here for all pregnant individuals considering adoption in Vermont. We offer the support you need, the services you want, with the experience and knowledge you didn’t know you wanted.
Are you a pregnant individual in Vermont considering placing your baby for adoption? Call, text, or email Friends in Adoption to get more information and connect with your adoption team. We’re here to help.