Our mission is to keep the central focus on the needs of each child and to provide compassionate adoption services for the unique individuals involved in the adoption process. Friends in Adoption is committed to empowering individuals and families to make informed decisions.
Our core values form the basis of how Friends in Adoption operates. They guide our team in everything they do as the agency grows and evolves.
Who We Are A Caring Infant Adoption Agency
Established in 1982, Friends in Adoption is a non-profit, pro-choice, licensed newborn/infant adoption agency with a focus on helping people make informed decisions concerning adoption.
We work with a network of dedicated, experienced, caring adoption professionals. Although our administrative offices are located in Vermont and New York, we are able to provide free and confidential infant adoption services anywhere in the United States.
Our team members are sensitive and skillful in all areas concerning newborn adoption within the United States. Their goals are to listen and assist. We support decision-making with information and a pressure-free, judgment-free environment.
We provide lifelong support to each member in the adoption triad — placing each child at the center of what we do.
What We Do
- Provide free services to pregnant individuals/couples considering adoption.
- Work with birth parents in the U.S. who are considering placing their already born child with an adoptive family.
- Assist prospective adoptive families with home study, approval process, and all aspects of pre-adoptive preparation.
- Provide a pressure-free, caring environment for decision-making.
- Present adoption-related workshops for healthcare providers who may work with expectant and/or adoptive parents.