Workshop Offerings from the Infertility & Adoption Counseling Center
… from the IAC Center Director:
I am sharing IAC Center’s Fall offerings.
Our monthly Pre-Adoptive Parents Support Groups are in Pennington and Montclair NJ; and NYC.
In addition, we have a NEW group for families who have been waiting awhile or who have experienced a fall-through. We believe that these couples or singles can succeed with adoption if they are helped to ‘stay the course’ and get the support they need to remain proactive. We offer private counseling sessions for this as well.
Pre-Adopt Support Groups
* Pre-Adoptive Parents Support Groups are in Pennington and Montclair NJ; and NYC. Get support dealing with the adoption process and prepare for parenting.
* NEW: Waiting-Too-Long Pre-Adoptive Support Group – A group for couples and singles who have been waiting awhile or who have experienced a fall-through to get the support they need to remain proactive. Private counseling offered as well.
IAC Center Fall Workshops
-Certificates for Home Study Credit provided.
* Baby Care for Adoptive Parents – September 22, 2012, Montclair, NJ
* NEW: Private Baby Care classes for parents through adoption or parents using gestational carriers are now being offered as well.
* How to Talk to Kids about Adoption from Infancy to Age 6 – October 20, 2012, Pennington, NJ
* How to Talk to a Child About Adoption: Ages 6 to 12 – October 20, 2012, Pennington, NJ
* FYI: Winter Workshops will include Transracial, Open and Older Child Adoption.
Post Adoption Services:
We are also seeing more people for post-adopt depression or adjustment. We believe this is the most critical time to provide services to families.
* Post-Adoption counseling and parenting groups are offered in Pennington and Montclair NJ; and NYC.
* Monthly Adoptive Parents Support Groups in Pennington and Montclair NJ; and NYC.
* NEW in Pennington – Adoptive Dad’s Group
* Monthly Children and Teen Groups forming in Pennington and Montclair NJ; and soon in Philadelphia.
Any questions please email JMantellmsw@iaccenter.com or call 609-737-8750.
IAC Center Director
Counseling offers a non-biased overview of family building options to facilitate individuals and couples in making timely decisions that are mindful of long term implications. Using a life-long short-term counseling model, counseling is available throughout the adoption life cycle for all adoption triad members.