Being pregnant and unsure of what to do may be confusing and lonely.
You may feel like you are the only one in this position, and you don’t know where to turn.
You want someone to talk to who has all the facts, but won’t tell you what decision to make.
We can help.
What to Expect:
If you choose to explore adoption with Friends in Adoption (FIA), you can expect to…
- Have your privacy and confidentiality maintained.
- Have access to free legal services and be offered help with medical and living expenses, as the law allows.
- Be treated with kindness, dignity, and respect by FIA’s experienced staff as you consider all of your pregnancy options, without being pressured.
- Be offered free, face-to-face, local counseling.
- Feel comfortable speaking honestly throughout the process, without fear of being judged.
- Learn about the choices you have in creating an adoption plan that fits you and your needs, including how much contact you want, both before and after your child’s birth.
- Have FIA pre-screen families and personally know them before approving them to adopt.
- Be offered the opportunity to talk with, email, or in some cases, meet with birth parents who believe that every person considering adoption should be able to hear from others who are living the experience.
- Have the agency available for continued contact throughout the years, even if you choose not to have direct contact with the adoptive family.
You deserve kindness and respect from our caring staff. We are here for you 24 hours a day.