Gratitude – the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
As the Founding Director of Friends in Adoption for inching up to 40 years, I am eternally grateful for the gifts of an incredible staff, a dedicated Board of Directors, all of the attorneys, social workers and counselors who support the work we do and my ever growing Friends in Adoption family.
TIS THE SEASON TO BE THANKFUL. Let’s share our lists. I’ll begin.
I am thankful for:
- MY FAMILY – they are the reason I am here sitting at my desk at FIA.
- YOU – our alumni families and friends who so kindly and graciously support the work of FIA. Your holiday cards bring smiles to our faces as we gather around the lunch table and share stories of the joys and challenges of your adoption journeys. A number of our alumni families and friends have asked about donating through our FIA Facebook page. We are pleased to let you know that as of today you may go to https://friendsinadoption.org/give or directly to the Friends in Adoption Facebook page to make a donation. The best part: FACEBOOK DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AND FIA RECEIVES 100% OF THE DONATION.
- Our BIRTH FAMILIES for their grace and strength.
- The DEDICATED FIA STAFF who work tirelessly to assure that peace of mind is given to all that they work with.
- The FIA ANNUAL PICNICS where we get to see so many of our birth and adoptive families and to hear the cry of “Grandma Dawn – can you hula hoop with me?”
- Your LIKES, TESTIMONIALS & REVIEWS – we appreciate all of the LIKES on our FIA Facebook page – currently 10,113. We are hoping with your help we can reach 15,000 LIKES by January 1, 2019. And if you are feeling inspired we would love to have you write a testimonial or review: https://friendsinadoption.org/reviews
- Meeting NEW FAMILIES attending our Get Acquainted Workshops. We appreciate the referrals we receive from you. To make a referral please guide your friends to: https://friendsinadoption.org/gaw to sign up. Our next GAW is JANUARY 9TH AND 10TH IN SARATOGA SPRINGS, NEW YORK.
JOYFUL HOLIDAYS TO ALL!
In gratitude to all,