We are excited to announce that the location for our annual picnic this year will be near Lake George, NY!
We have selected this area due to its beautiful surroundings, vast selection of activities for all ages and close proximity to the many families we serve!
Please read the information on this page, and if you have a question that we didn’t cover here, please feel free to e-mail us!
2020 Picnic Info:
When / Where / Time
Saturday, July 18th, 2020
RAIN OR SHINE
Lake George, NY area!
Exact location coming soon, stay tuned!
10am – 3pm
What to bring:
- …Your own lunch and drinks
- …Swimsuit, sunscreen, beach towels, etc.
- …Pop-up Tents
Who can attend?
- …FIA alumni families.
- …At the invitation of the adoptive families, birth families are welcome to attend. See more info below.
Birth Parent Invitation:
If you are not in direct contact with your child’s birth family and would like an invitation sent to them, please click here to e-mail us no later than June 8, 2020. FIA will send them an invite.
Should we attend the picnic if we do not hear from our birth family?
YES! While the number of birth families in attendance has increased every year, still the majority of the families that attend the picnic (upwards of 150-200 families) — most attend without their birth families. However, if your PACA includes a picnic visit, plan to attend. We promise you will have a great time!
Friday: Ice Cream Social
Join us for an ice cream social on Friday from 7–8:30 pm
You are not required to stay at the Lodge in order to attend this event.
Sunday: Discount Tickets to Six Flags!
If you are staying at the Great Escape Lodge your tickets to Six Flags Great Escape are included.
Should you decide not to stay at Six Flags Great Escape Lodge, the park has offered our organization discounted tickets for anyone who is
attending our picnic!
You can purchase your tickets by using this link for a rate of $31.50
(more than ½ off the gate price)
Enter code PLAY2020
(Link will be active 3/5/2020)
Large Group Photo Shoot
Let’s All Meet at 1:30 pm
Please make sure to be near the FIA Welcome area at 1:30 pm (Saturday) for our large group photo.
Hashtag your photos and videos!
We would love to see your photos on social media taken at the Ice Cream Social (Friday), Picnic (Saturday), and Six Flags (Sunday), but we can only find them if you use the picnic hashtag #fiapicnic2020 and post for public viewing.
You can also use this form to submit your picnic photos for FIA to publish in our newsletters, brochures, website, etc.
Thank you in advance for sending us your photos!
Lodging & Accommodations
Six Flags Great Escape Lodge:
Hotel Address: 89 Six Flags Drive. Queensbury, NY 12804
Phone Number: 518-824-6060
Currently, there are 30 rooms on hold for both Friday and Saturday.
These rooms have 2 queen beds and also include tickets to the Six Flags
Great Escape Theme Park across the street.
Rates: Friday $239.00 Saturday $299.00
Reservations for the rooms at the Great Escape Lodge can be made by using block code: 0717FRIE
Please be sure to mention FRIENDS IN ADOPTION and the code above when you call to reserve!
You will find additional lodging options in:
- Lake George, NY
- Queensbury, NY
- Glens Falls, NY (We highly recommend The Queensbury Hotel)
- Saratoga Springs, NY
Please note that the Lake George and Saratoga Springs areas will be experiencing higher rates due to their summer seasons. It is recommended that you secure your lodging as soon as possible to get the best pricing for these areas.
While You’re in the Area:
The Adirondacks are home to many beautiful cities and towns that offer a wealth of entertainment and family friendly activities! Please see our collection of items to add to your itinerary while you’re in the area for the picnic.
Lake George, NY
- -Hike OR Drive up Prospect Mountain
- -Shepard’s Park: swim, enjoy the view, play on the playground, walk the boardwalk
- -Take a steamboat ride with Lake George Steamboat Co. (Offering several 1-3 hour cruises each day, some including meals)
- -Lake George Lanes and Games: bowling, laser tag, indoor golf simulators, climbing structure for little ones, bar area and billiards
- -Fort William Henry: take a tour of this historic site
- -Walking History Tour: (Sign up inside Fun World Arcade)
- -Parasailing: fly above the water for the ultimate rush and view of the gorgeous mountains and lake
- -Dino Roar Valley: explore like paleontologists right in the Adirondacks
- -Plenty of fun and eclectic shops and restaurants for all tastes!
- -Six Flags Great Escape
- -Glenn Drive in Movie Theater: enjoy a movie from your car like the old days!
- -FUN SPOT: go karts, laser tag, rollerblading, climbing structure, arcade, mini-golf
- -Escape Room: (located inside of Aviation Mall)
- -Regal Cinemas: (located inside Aviation Mall)
Glens Falls, NY
- -West Mountain: take a gondola ride for a fantastic view or experience their high ropes course in the tree tops!
- -Visit Glen Street: Shop, Eat, Explore!
- -World Awareness Children’s Museum: a fun and multicultural experience for your little ones
Saratoga Springs, NY
- -Saratoga Race Course: watch live horse racing and enjoy the history of Saratoga
- – Saratoga Performing Arts Center: check their calendar for upcoming concerts and events
- -Northshire Bookstore: explore this multi-level book store with an amazing children’s section (located on “Broadway”)
- -Saratoga Children’s Museum: many hands on and fun opportunities for kids ( ages 2-8 suggested)
- -Saratoga Auto Museum: explore a unique collection and history of classic cars.